We're a finicky bunch, Londoners, but thankfully LondonNet has your tips on keeping all-things-dating smooth and successful...
- Go into the first date expecting nothing more than a quick kiss or snog. Most people won't hop into bed on the first night.
- Avoid talking about exes, politics, marriage, money and other touchy subjects - keep the conversation light and fun in the beginning.
- Go Dutch. Offer to pay your tab even if you know your date will grab the bill.
- Inform a friend of your evening's plans. It's always better to be overly cautious when spending time with new people.
- Be on time - just like a job interview, your date is scoping you out, and showing up on the dot is a sign of respect.
- Ask plenty of questions. Show that you're interested by listening and making insightful comments.
- Use an uncomfortable silence to your advantage. First dates are full of awkward moments - just take a drink, change the subject or make a joke out of them.
- Be honest and confident from the beginning - if the relationship goes far, you'll be happy you were straight-forward.
Not ready for speed dating quite yet? Try LondonNet's online dating service, where you can point and click your way to romance from the comfort of your living room.