ENJOY WES ANDERSON’S CRITICALLY-ACCLAIMED AND WONDERFULLY ROMANTIC COMEDY MOONRISE KINGDOM ON DVD, BLU-RAY™ AND DOWNLOAD FROM 1ST OCTOBER 2012
From Academy Award®-nominated director of The Royal Tenenbaums and The Fantastic Mr. Fox, Wes Anderson cements his film-making style with the charmingly off-beat Moonrise Kingdom, out on Blu-ray and DVD on 1st October from Universal Pictures (UK) and available now for pre-order.
This eccentric and endearing coming-of-age comedy, lauded as the opening film at the 2012 Cannes Film Festival, explores young love and adventure and features an all-star cast including Bruce Willis (Sixth Sense, Die Hard), Edward Norton (Fight Club, American History X), Bill Murray (Lost in Translation, The Life Aquatic with Steve Zizzou), Tilda Swinton (We Need To Talk About Kevin, Burn After Reading), Frances McDormand (Burn After Reading, Almost Famous), Jason Schwartzman (Rushmore, The Darjeeling Limited) and Harvey Keitel (Reservoir Dogs, From Dusk Till Dawn).
On an island off the coast of New England in the summer of 1965, two twelve-year-olds (Kara Hayward, Jared Gilman) fall in love and make a secret pact to run away together into the wilderness. As a local search party led by the Sheriff (Willis) and the girl’s parents (Murray, McDormand) try to hunt them down, a violent storm is brewing off-shore – and the peaceful island community is turned upside down in more ways than anyone can handle.
Accompanied by an eclectic soundtrack combining the music of British classical composer Benjamin Britten with Hank Williams, Wes Anderson uses nostalgic, visually stunning shots to tell the story of childhood innocence and a blossoming romance, set somewhere just off centre.
Prize: Three winners will receive a copy of Moonrise Kingdom On DVD and a retro T-Shirt each.
This competition is now closed. The winners are as follow:
Amanda Burton, Plymouth, PL2
Carol Sugden, Wembley, HA9
Julie Booth, Nottingham, NG15
More Necessary Info:
– Tickets must be used before 27th October 2012.
– The winners must be aged 18 or over.
– Proof of identity and age may be required.
– Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
– All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
– Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
– First correct answer out of the Editor’s hat wins the prize.
– Winners’ full names, cities of residence and first part of their postcodes will be published on this page when the competition ends.
– Details will be sent to the winner.
– LondonNet is not responsible for prize distribution.
– The Editor’s decision is final.
– There is no cash alternative.