There aren't many top musicians David Redfern hasn't photographed in his long and illustrious five decade career. But there's one who remains unique - Jimi Hendrix.
David's shots of Hendrix at his final Royal Albert Hall concert in 1969 are also unique - he was the only photographer allowed in. The images on the four rolls of film he shot that night have become famous world-wide.
Now those iconic photos have been translated onto fabrics and huge standing light boxes by up and coming fashion entrepreneur Suzy Reed.
Suzy Reed has taken a selection of these great photos and transposed them onto a wide and startling variety of fabrics - silk twill, cotton canvas, taffeta, satin, cotton poplin, silk jersey, suede, cotton sateen and georgette.
The Hendrix Collection comprises the self-taught designer's first major range and encompasses bags, scarves, cushions, chair coverings and even dresses.
The colours are vivid and bold or subtle and mellow depending on the fabric used. From the softness and natural reproduction on the suede cushions to the psychedelic geometric reworking of Hendrix's face on the scarves and dresses there is something here to please everyone. An artistic range that is bright, fun and totally unique.
The collection launches at the Suzy Reed Boutique, RedReed House, 7 Bramley Road, W10 6SZ (020 7792 8172) on September 22nd.
The new shop is a delight itself decorated by huge brass instruments (reflecting David's status as the world's premier jazz photographer) and creative displays featuring other images and items from the Redfern/Reed collaboration.
Prize: Win a Jimi Hendrix bag created by fashion designer Suzy Reed.
This competition is now closed. The winner is as follow:
Karl Chads, London, SW17
More Necessary Info:
- The winners must be aged 18 or over.
- Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- First correct answer out of the Editor's hat wins the prize.
- Winners' full names, cities of residence and first part of their postcodes will be published on this page when the competition ends.
- Details will be sent to the winner.
- LondonNet is not responsible for prize distribution.
- The Editor's decision is final.
- There is no cash alternative.