Sophie Ellis-Bextor is back with album number four, Straight To The Heart, after baby number two, looking and sounding better than ever; but as she once warned us - it's a Mixed Up World, and juggling young children, with a recording career, international tours, running club nights with husband Richard and her ongoing commitment as the face of cosmetics brand Rimmel, is not without it's challenges.
How does she manage the balancing act? "I don't really - it's quite chaotic, you have to just not fight it. My upbringing was similar because my mum and dad both worked in TV doing funny hours, so I suppose I'm not really designed for consistency."
In fact the singer who reaches her ten-year anniversary in the pop game this year couldn't be happier. "I'm having an amazing time right now. It really is the best it's ever been. I'm still completely excited, and I think that's vital! There's nothing more unsexy than a jaded pop star."
When you hear her new album you'll understand why Sophie is quite so giddy, "I felt like the album needed to be really positive, and unabashed", she explains, "if it's your fourth record you don't want to be apologetic about it. I like pomposity in pop and confidence and chutzpah." She's got chutzpah up to her four-storey hips. Straight To The Heart is a plugged-in pulsating pop juggernaut, which will have Sophie murdering dance floors all over again.
Prize: Win one of two pairs of tickets to see Sophie Ellis-Bextor at the O2 Academy Islington on 13 December 2010.
This competition is now closed. The winners are as follow:
Emily Lodge, London, SW19
Sue Stevenson, Essex, CM6
More Necessary Info:
- The winners must be aged 18 or over.
- Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- First correct answer out of the Editor's hat wins the prize.
- Winners' full names, cities of residence and first part of their postcodes will be published on this page when the competition ends.
- Details will be sent to the winner.
- LondonNet is not responsible for prize distribution.
- The Editor's decision is final.
- There is no cash alternative.