The Ukulele Album - Released 5th November 2012
Joe Brown can justifiably lay claim to being the current King of the Ukulele. He has been cited by some of the world's biggest rock performers as a world class player.
The top two ukulele performed favourites world-wide are Over The Rainbow, recorded by thousands of people, and I'll See You In My Dreams - recorded and popularised on uke by only Joe.
Anyone who saw Joe close the George Harrison Tribute concert with I'll See You In My Dreams can be in no doubt as to his skill set and feel for a song. No stranger to this particular one though he has actually been performing it for over two decades.
(Joe may have even introduced the uke to his good friend George, he certainly used to buy them for him whenever in Nashville.)
The ukulele has been an instrument Joe has always loved and played. In 1963 it even got him into big trouble. Joe was one of the very first artists to have a record banned by the BBC - his recording of the old George Formby song With My Little Ukulele In My Hand performed on the ukulele was deemed way too risque!
In 2006 Joe was approached by major USA ukulele manufacturer KALA, the direct result of ukulele sales having increased world-wide more than tenfold since the Concert For George. Kala credited Joe with much of that success and they asked him to design and endorse his own Signature Series. The Joe Brown Signature Series appeared in 2009.
Closing Date: Thursday 3 January 2013, Noon.
Prize: Win one of three copies of The Ukulele Album by Joe Brown.
This competition is now closed. The winners are as follow:
Cheryl Collins, Leicsester, LE67
Lisa Williams, Uxbridge, UB10
James Wilson, Manchester, M19
More Necessary Info:
- The winners must be aged 18 or over.
- Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- First correct answer out of the Editor's hat wins the prize.
- Winners' full names, cities of residence and first part of their postcodes will be published on this page when the competition ends.
- Details will be sent to the winner.
- LondonNet is not responsible for prize distribution.
- The Editor's decision is final.
- There is no cash alternative.