Heroes And Sweethearts, Wartime Songs Of Romance comes hot on the heels of the hugely successful Heroes And Sweethearts released last year and which has already sold over 50,000 copies.
With tracks chosen specially for this second deluxe box set by Shirley and Michael Gibbons, the wartime sweethearts who inspired the first Heroes And Sweethearts release, this is a package that perfectly evokes those heartbreaking wartime years.
This second box set, like the first, comprises two CDs and a bonus DVD and contains a wonderful selection of songs from the period featuring many of the original artists of the time. Tracks from Glen Miller, Vera Lynn, The Andrews Sisters, Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Fred Astaire, Billie Holiday, Doris Day, Frankie Laine, Judy Garland and Ella Fitzgerald are just some of those featured. The DVD includes rare original artist footage.
Heroes And Sweethearts, Wartime Songs Of Romance completely encapsulates the mood and the memory of the time. These are timeless pieces of music from an age of innocence and romance, triumph and tragedy that both inspired and defined a generation.
It is nostalgia at its very best.
Buy Heroes And Sweethearts, Wartime Songs Of Romance and Heroes And Sweethearts from Play.com (Free delivery on everything) >>
Prize: Win one of three copies of Heroes And Sweethearts, Wartime Songs Of Romance.
This competition is now closed. The winners are as follow:
Samantha Ripley, Leeds LS9
Clare Lewis, Berkshire, RG31
Sally Willcock,, East Sussex, TN22
More Necessary Info:
- The winners must be aged 18 or over.
- Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- First correct answer out of the Editor's hat wins the prize.
- Winners' full names, cities of residence and first part of their postcodes will be published on this page when the competition ends.
- Details will be sent to the winner.
- LondonNet is not responsible for prize distribution.
- The Editor's decision is final.
- There is no cash alternative.