JW (Joel Kinnaman) is a poor student who lives a double life within the wealthy Stockholm elite. He falls in love with an upper class girl and is soon lured into a world of crime. Jorge is a fugitive on the run from the police and the Yugoslavian mafia. His plan; import a massive cargo of coke and then disappear for good. Yugoslavian hitman Mrado is trying hard to find Jorge but his criminal life takes a turn when he is forced to take care of his young daughter. While JW starts a journey into the dark world of organized crime, he brings together the fate of all to a struggle of life and death. Easy money is based on the book by Jens Lapidus for which the rights have been sold to over 20 countries.
Easy Money is a gripping and stylish adaptation of the first novel of Jens Lapidus's best-selling Stockholm Noir Trilogy. Director Daniél Espinosa successfully imbues the nastiness of Nordic noir with a Bret Easton Ellis-like sense of harsh glamour. Easy Money has been championed by Martin Scorsese, and you can see why: Espinosa's keen balance of tension and violence with empathetic characterisation owes much to the legacy of his illustrious supporter.
Easy Money is directed by Daniél Espinosa and produced by Fredrick Wikström. The screenplay is by Maria Karlsson, based on the Novel Snabba Cash by Jens Lapidus and is released into cinemas by ICON and Lionsgate UK on 19th July 2013.
Prize: Win one of three copies of the book Easy Money.
This competition is now closed. The winners are as follow:
Michael OSullivan, London, W7
Graham Kerr, Lincoln, LN1
Richard Tyler, Guildford, GU4
More Necessary Info:
- The winners must be aged 18 or over.
- Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- First correct answer out of the Editor's hat wins the prize.
- Winners' full names, cities of residence and first part of their postcodes will be published on this page when the competition ends.
- Details will be sent to the winner.
- LondonNet is not responsible for prize distribution.
- The Editor's decision is final.
- There is no cash alternative.