Win ARGO on DVD - available to own March 4.
Hollywood and high-stakes espionage collide with the Golden Globe®, BAFTA® and OSCAR® award-winning, ARGO, arriving onto Blu-ray - with an extended cut of the film featuring never-before-seen scenes and more than 4 hours of special features - and DVD on 4th March - pre-order your copy here.
Based on the declassified true story which unfolded behind the scenes of the Iran hostage crisis "Argo" chronicles the life-or-death covert operation to rescue six American Embassy personnel focusing on the little-known role that the CIA and Hollywood played.
SEE A BEHIND THE SCENES CLIP HERE:
On November 4, 1979, as the Iranian revolution reaches its boiling point, militants storm the U.S. Embassy in Tehran, taking 52 Americans hostage. But, in the midst of the chaos, six Americans manage to slip away and find refuge in the home of Canadian Ambassador Ken Taylor (Garber). Knowing it is only a matter of time before the six are found out and likely killed, the Canadian and American governments ask the CIA to intervene. The CIA turns to their top "exfiltration" specialist, Tony Mendez (Affleck), to come up with a plan to get the six Americans safely out of the country. A plan so incredible, it could only happen in the movies.
ARGO is available to own on DVD and Blu-ray March 4.
© 2013 Warner Bros. Ent. All Rights Reserved.
Prize: Win one of three copies of ARGO on DVD.
This competition is now closed. The winners are:
Wendy Gubbins, Chippenham, SN15
Maureen Morton, Gourock, PA19
Becky Lucas, Dorset, BH19
More Necessary Info:
- The winners must be aged 18 or over.
- Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- First correct answer out of the Editor's hat wins the prize.
- Winners' full names, cities of residence and first part of their postcodes will be published on this page when the competition ends.
- Details will be sent to the winner.
- LondonNet is not responsible for prize distribution.
- The Editor's decision is final.
- There is no cash alternative.