Released on Blu-ray and DVD on 31 January 2011
The critically acclaimed and multiple award-winning Winter's Bone is released on Blu-ray and DVD by Artificial Eye on 31 January 2011. This tense, chilling thriller tells the tale of a girl desperate to uncover the secrets of her father's past in a bid to loosen his grip on her family.
Winter's Bone is the second feature from award-winning director Debra Granik, following her acclaimed debut Down to the Bone. Winner of the 2010 Sundance Film Festival's Grand Jury Prize and Waldo Salt Screenwriting Award, Winter's Bone was adapted for the screen by Granik and Anne Rosellini. Based on the best-selling novel by Daniel Woodrell, this tense, naturalistic thriller boasts an outstanding lead performance from rising star Jennifer Lawrence (The Poker House, Garden Party) soon to be seen in X-Men: First Class.
Recently named as one of The New York Times' "50 People to Watch in 2010", Lawrence's previous credits include The Burning Plan, opposite Charlize Theron and Kim Basinger, and The Beaver, directed by and starring Jodie Foster, alongside Mel Gibson. The excellent supporting cast comprises John Hawkes (American Gangster, Miami Vice), Kevin Breznahan (There Will Be Blood), Dale Dickey (Changeling, The Pledge), Garret Dillahunt (The Road, No Country For Old Men), Sheryl Lee (Twin Peaks), Lauren Sweetser and Tate Taylor (Six Feet Under, Planet of the Apes).
Prize: Win one of three copies of Winter's Bone on DVD
This competition is now closed. The winners are as follow:
Mike Klokkou, West Sussex, PO21
Emmanouil Stavrakakis, London, N1
Alison Campbell, Earlsfield, SW18
More Necessary Info:
- The winners must be aged 18 or over.
- Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- First correct answer out of the Editor's hat wins the prize.
- Winners' full names, cities of residence and first part of their postcodes will be published on this page when the competition ends.
- Details will be sent to the winner.
- LondonNet is not responsible for prize distribution.
- The Editor's decision is final.
- There is no cash alternative.