The Way was released on DVD on 31 October 2011
Icon Home Entertainment presents the heart-warming father and son masterpiece THE WAY from director Emilio Estevez. Released on DVD on 31 October 2011, this touching story follows an American father embarking on a breath-taking journey to complete the trek of his late son, who died while travelling the Pilgrim path across The Pyrenees.
Golden Globe Award® Winner Martin Sheen (The West Wing, The Departed) and real life son Emilio Estevez (Young Guns, Bobby) star in this touching film which has so far taken an outstanding £600k at the box office this year. The DVD includes insightful interviews with Sheen and Estevez and a thought-provoking five minute film exploring how community can help with the big questions in life raised in The Way.
The Way tells the deeply-moving story of Tom (Sheen), who travels to France to collect the remains of his adult son Daniel (Estevez), killed in the Pyrenees in a storm while walking The Camino de Santiago, also known as The Way of St James. Driven by his profound sadness and desire to understand his son better, Tom decides to embark on the historical pilgrimage, leaving his life in America behind.
Armed with his son's backpack and guidebook, Tom navigates the 800km pilgrimage from the Pyrenees, to Santiago de Compostela in the north west of Spain, but soon discovers that he is not alone on this journey. While walking The Camino, Tom meets other pilgrims from around the world, all broken and looking for greater meaning in their lives: a Dutchman a Canadian and an Irish writer who is suffering from a bout of writer's block.
Buy The Way DVD from play.com (Free delivery) >>
Prize: Win one of two copies of The Way on DVD.
This competition is now closed. The winners are as follow:
Chris Cleave, Kent, TN23
Maria Leader, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3
More Necessary Info:
- The winners must be aged 18 or over.
- Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- First correct answer out of the Editor's hat wins the prize.
- Winners' full names, cities of residence and first part of their postcodes will be published on this page when the competition ends.
- Details will be sent to the winner.
- LondonNet is not responsible for prize distribution.
- The Editor's decision is final.
- There is no cash alternative.