Featuring the vocals of Sophie Eliis-Bextor, clouds of ominous electronics precede Dan's recognisable tones and an undulating synth sequence brings to mind the ambience of Chicane's Saltwater. Shimmering away in the background, keys and strings provide the perfect sonic playground for this male-female duet to roam.
Perfectly complementing each other, the pair create a sense of space as they repeat, "You don't know what love is til you've had mine," in varying manifestations. Accompanied by subtle instrumental changes, from uplifting 90s-esque Balearic house to synth-heavy darkwave, the final stretch is illuminated by Sophie's soulful vocals.
The Feeling's third album Together We Were Made is currently out on Island Records and follows on from 2006's multi-platinum selling Twelve Stops and Home and 2008's Number One album Join with Us. Co-produced by Brighton dance pair the Freemasons, Together We Were Made was recorded in Dan's home, an East London boozer in a former life.
The Feeling will tour the UK in October as follows:
Mon 3rd - BOURNEMOUTH, O2 Academy
Tue 4th - BRISTOL, O2 Academy
Wed 5th - NOTTINGHAM, Rock City
Fri 7th - BIRMINGHAM, HMV Institute
Sat 8th - LEEDS, O2 Academy
Sun 9th - NEWCASTLE, O2 Academy
Tue 11th - GLASGOW, ABC
Wed 12th - MANCHESTER, Academy 2
Fri 14th - LONDON, Shepherds O2 Bush Empire
Prize: Win a pair of tickets to see The Feeling at the o2 Shepherd's Bush Empire on Friday 14th October.
This competition is now closed. The winner is as follow:
Chris David Blake, Essex, CM3
More Necessary Info:
- The winners must be aged 18 or over.
- Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- First correct answer out of the Editor's hat wins the prize.
- Winners' full names, cities of residence and first part of their postcodes will be published on this page when the competition ends.
- Details will be sent to the winner.
- LondonNet is not responsible for prize distribution.
- The Editor's decision is final.
- There is no cash alternative.