Out to Own on DVD, Blu-ray & EST July 9th, 2012
Acclaimed crime-fiction writer James Ellroy (L.A. Confidential) uses the controversial and now infamous Rampart police scandals of the late '90's, as the basis of the thrilling action-fuelled RAMPART, directed and co-written by Oren Moverman (The Messenger).
Set in Los Angeles, 1999, Woody Harrelson stars as Officer Dave Brown - a Vietnam vet and a Rampart Precinct cop, asserting his own code of justice, often blurring the lines between right and wrong to maintain his action-hero state of mind. When he gets caught on tape beating a suspect, he finds himself in a personal and emotional downward spiral as the consequences of his past sins and his refusal to change his ways in light of a department-wide corruption scandal, seal his fate.
Brown internalises his fear, anguish and paranoia as his world, complete with two ex-wives who are sisters, two daughters, an ageing mentor dispensing bad advice, investigators galore, and a series of seemingly random women, starts making less and less sense. In the end, what is left is a human being stripped of all his pretence, chauvinism, racism, arrogance, and aggression - however, is it enough to redeem him as a man?
Harrelson is supported by an impressive cast including Robin Wright, Sigourney Weaver, Ice Cube, Ben Foster, Ned Beatty, Steve Buscemi, Cynthia Nixon and Anne Heche.
Closing Date: Thursday 16 August 2012, Noon
Prize: Win one of three copies of Rampart on DVD.
This competition is now closed the winners are:
Lewis Pettit, suffolk, IP2
Helena Haddock, Bolton, BL3
Simon Harrington, Shropshire, WV16
More Necessary Info:
- The winners must be aged 18 or over.
- Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- First correct answer out of the Editor's hat wins the prize.
- Winners' full names, cities of residence and first part of their postcodes will be published on this page when the competition ends.
- Details will be sent to the winner.
- LondonNet is not responsible for prize distribution.
- The Editor's decision is final.
- There is no cash alternative.