On June 4th, 5th and 6th 2010, for only the second time in nearly a century, Hurlingham Park in London will thunder with the hooves of world-class polo players in the World Polo Series at MINT Polo in the Park. More than 32,000 spectators will attend the weekend spectacular and pack the stands to cheer Team London to victory as they fight to defend last year's historic win amongst a total of eight fully professional teams.
MINT Polo in the Park is the new Twenty20 style spectator-friendly format of the traditional game that took the nation by storm with 2009's inaugural tournament. The new style was created to highlight the high-octane and exciting family friendly sport of polo and showcase it with world's first fully-pro tournament.
The event is a full weekend of entertainment, with central London's first every jousting competition, stunt riders from famous Hollywood blockbusters, military displays from the best of our Armed Forces and finally a number of 'skills' events from the polo players, including penalty shoot-outs and the longest-shot at goal.
Prize: Win one of ten pairs of general admission tickets to come and see the action live on Friday 4th June at Hurlingham Park, Fulham.
This competition is now closed. The winners are as follow:
J Howard-Simpson, Essex, SS4
Natalie Thwaite, London, SW6
Mark Shaw, London, E3
Louise Cooke, London, SE1
Charlotte Wills, london, SW11
Richard Milbank, Teddington, TW11
Cheron Titus, Middlesex, TW7
Matt Savage, Feltham, TW14
Lucy Burbedge, Kent, ME10
Margaret Teresa Naughton, London, N2
More Necessary Info:
- The winners must be aged 18 or over.
- Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- First correct answer out of the Editor's hat wins the prize.
- Winners' full names, cities of residence and first part of their postcodes will be published on this page when the competition ends.
- Details will be sent to the winner.
- LondonNet is not responsible for prize distribution.
- The Editor's decision is final.
- There is no cash alternative.