Normal, directed by acclaimed and prolific Canadian writer/director Carl Bessai (Unnatural And Accidental, Emile) was released on DVD for the first time on 24 May. Headlining the all-Canadian cast are Carrie-Anne Moss (Memento, The Matrix Trilogy, Chocolat), Kevin Zegers (Transamerica, The Stone Angel) and Callum Keith Rennie (Case 39, The Invisible).
Normal is the story of three strangers who have avoided coming to grips with the aftermath of a senseless tragedy, and their role within it. While the accident claimed the life of one young man, it is slowly deconstructing everyone that was touched by it.
Catherine, Dale and their twelve-year-old son, Brady, are a family on the brink of collapse. In the two years since the death of her elder son and star athlete Nicky, Catherine is finding it increasingly difficult to cope with a husband who prefers to live a life of denial and a son who is a constant reminder of what once was.
Walt, a professor, is coming to grips with his impending middle age. His inability to communicate with his wife, the care demanded from his agoraphobic brother and his failure as a writer, lead him to find refuge in the arms of Sherri, a young television reporter and student.
Jordie, after serving time in a juvenile detention centre for car theft comes home to his domineering father Carl, and his new stepmother, Elise. His strained relationship with his father comes to a head when he and Elise find themselves in each other's arms and begin a torrid, taboo affair.
As our story unfolds, we discover that these characters are all part of one story - linked by blood, coincidence and their need to make atonement with the past.
Prize: Win one of five copies of Normal on DVD.
This competition is now closed. The winners are as follow:
Darren Critten, Grimsby, DN31
Verity Simmons, Stevenage, Herts, SG2
Andrew Hopkins, Hampshire, SO19
Melanie Gardiner, Isle of Wight, PO40
Kelly West, Middlesex, TW17
More Necessary Info:
- The winners must be aged 18 or over.
- Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- First correct answer out of the Editor's hat wins the prize.
- Winners' full names, cities of residence and first part of their postcodes will be published on this page when the competition ends.
- Details will be sent to the winner.
- LondonNet is not responsible for prize distribution.
- The Editor's decision is final.
- There is no cash alternative.