Bez, Gary Whelan, Mark Day, Paul Davies, Paul Ryder, Rowetta and Shaun Ryder - the original line up of Happy Mondays are back together for the first time in over 19 years and will embark on an massive UK tour in May including a massive show at Manchester Arena. Due to popular demand with numerous shows selling out over the weekend a third show has been added at London's O2 Academy Brixton.
Shaun Ryder says; 'We all met up last week and some of the lads haven't seen each other in over 10, 15 years. It's as if we've never been apart - so good to all be in the same room again. We can't wait now to get on tour and play the songs that made us famous.'
Happy Mondays were first discovered by the legend Tony Wilson in the Hacienda and have become synonymous with the Manchester music scene.
Since their first album Squirrel and G-Man Twenty Four Hour Party People Plastic Face Carnt Smile (White Out) which debuted in 1987 Happy Mondays followed up with two classic albums; Bummed in 1988, then Pills 'n' Thrills and Bellyaches which went on to achieve platinum status in the UK alone.
Expect to hear songs Step On, Kinky Afro, Hallelujah, 24 Hour Party People and many, many more.
Prize: Win one of five pairs of tickets to see The Happy Mondays live at the London O2 Brixton Academy on Saturday May 19th.
This competition is now closed. The winners are as follow:
Kevin O'Farrell, Middx, TW3
Hayley Franklin, Surrey, KT5
Corinne Green, Beds, LU1
Andy Maunder, London, SE23
Carol Askew, London, SW12
More Necessary Info:
- The winners must be aged 18 or over.
- Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- First correct answer out of the Editor's hat wins the prize.
- Winners' full names, cities of residence and first part of their postcodes will be published on this page when the competition ends.
- Details will be sent to the winner.
- LondonNet is not responsible for prize distribution.
- The Editor's decision is final.
- There is no cash alternative.