Dennis Locorriere spent 15 years as lead vocalist with chart-topping Dr Hook. He's acted with Dustin Hofman, had his songs recorded by Bob Dylan, Waylon Jennings, Southside Johnny, Crystal Gayle, Willie Nelson and Olivia Newton-John, and released three solo albums and several DVDs.
He's undertaken various highly successful live solo tours round the world and played at many major festivals including Glastonbury. He's had a track on a Mojo CD and his last solo album, Post Cool, received rave reviews.
But he's never released a book of poetry. Until now.
Approached by Indigo Dreams Publishing to put some of his poems and cartoons on paper he thought about it...and agreed.
The result, Whatever's Burning now, is published on June 6th this year and contains 94 previously unpublished poems.
It was his son who pointed out the poetry in a phone conversation "these things you're calling unfinished songs are actually completed poems".
It was his fans who encouraged him when he posted a few on his blog.
It was Indigo Dreams Publishing who read the blog and then suggested a collection.
Though he writes all the time Dennis summed it up when he said "just shows you how many sparks it takes to ignite whatever's burning now".
Dennis keeps the flame burning this Spring with a massive UK tour that sees him on the road to July. This is accompanied by the release of a new DVD and a CD box set.
A whirlwind of energy on stage, this is a man who delivers at every level.
Don't miss your chance to see the great man play the Bloomsbury Theatre on 18th May, with support from the lovely Emily Maguire. Tickets are available here
Prize: Win one of three copies of Dennis Locorriere's book of poetry and cartoons.
This competition is now closed. The winners are as follow:
Valerie Hartley, Wakefield, WF4
Jacqui Mcloughlin, Birmingham, B32
Julie Deacon, Leeds, LS16
More Necessary Info:
- The winners must be aged 18 or over.
- Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- First correct answer out of the Editor's hat wins the prize.
- Details will be sent to the winner.
- LondonNet is not responsible for prize distribution.
- The Editor's decision is final.
- There is no cash alternative.