Big Fat Gypsy Weddings Series 2 Out to own on DVD 7th May
Following on from the hugely successful documentary series Big Fat Gypsy Weddings Series 1, Channel 4 once again shines a light on the traveller community in Britain and The Republic of Ireland with its new series, Big Fat Gypsy Weddings Series 2, which is being released on DVD for the first time.
This new series digs deeper into the extraordinary and fascinating lives of the community, focusing on the rites of passage celebrations and events; holy communions, sweet sixteens and of course weddings, as well as answering some of the more probing questions raised by the first series.
In this DVD release, follow an array of colourful new characters as they prepare for significant gypsy occasions and relay their different attitudes toward a range of issues including education, gender roles, traditions and beliefs. Meet Romany Gypsy Alice, who left school at 12 to work for her dad, while best friend Angel bucked the trend and continued with school; Irish Traveller Rosanne, known as the runaway bride; Mikey the openly gay traveller as well as many more.
Charismatic Liverpuddlian wedding dress-maker Thelma also makes a return, creating even more intricate and elaborate outfits. Also get the chance to catch up with now pregnant Sam, the non traveller from the first series who leaped into the traveller's culture by marrying English Gypsy Pat.
From the outrageous tans, highly-structured hairstyles and dresses, to road horse racing, Big Fat Gypsy Weddings 2 tells the intimate stories of this much-misunderstood community. Moreover, fans of the show will also have the chance to re-live Channel 4's highest rated documentary from the beginning with Big Fat Gypsy Weddings series 1 & 2 Boxset also out to own on the same day.
Buy Big Fat Gypsy Weddings Series 2 on DVD from Play.com >>
Prize: Win one of five copies of Big Fat Gypsy Weddings Series 2 on DVD
This competition is now closed. The winners are as follow:
Melanie Willcox, Hants, BH25
Lee Davis, Rotherham, S62
Heather Laws, Co Durham, SR7
Julie Clark, Sheffield, S20
AnnMarie Baxter, North Somerset, BS22
More Necessary Info:
- The winners must be aged 18 or over.
- Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- First correct answer out of the Editor's hat wins the prize.
- Winners' full names, cities of residence and first part of their postcodes will be published on this page when the competition ends.
- Details will be sent to the winner.
- LondonNet is not responsible for prize distribution.
- The Editor's decision is final.
- There is no cash alternative.