Gabriele Faja's Miles Davis Project Band returns to St James's Piccadilly after selling out their debut concert in 2007 to much public acclaim.
The legendary album by Miles Davis - Kind of Blue - is not only the biggest selling Jazz album to date but also widely regarded as one of the most influential recordings off all time, of any genre. The famous session took place in New York in 1959 for Columbia Records and featured giants Julian 'Cannonball' Adderley, John Coltrane, Paul Chambers, Bill Evans, Wynton Kelly, Jimmy Cobb as well as Miles Davis himself. It explored groundbreaking improvisation based on modality, which suited Miles's long, sparsely notated phrasing, rather than Hard-Bop. All but one track were recorded in a one take. In order: So What, Freddy Freeloader, Blue in Green, All Blues, Flamenco Sketches. The MDPB recreate the album almost to the note, with originally written intros and outros and fresh improvisation.
Unmissable and on sale now.
Tickets: £12 available online here
Box Office: 0844 884 2920
INFO: [email protected] or 020 7381 0441
Nearest Tube Stations: Piccadilly Circus/Green Park
St James's Piccadilly - 197 Piccadilly - London W1J 9LL
Limited availability of 500 seats, early booking strongly advised.
Prize: Win a pair of tickets for Miles Davis Project Band at London, Piccadilly on 20 May 2010.
This competition is now closed. The winner is as follow:
Andy Craig, Putney, SW15
More Necessary Info:
- The winners must be aged 18 or over.
- Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- First correct answer out of the Editor's hat wins the prize.
- Winners' full names, cities of residence and first part of their postcodes will be published on this page when the competition ends.
- Details will be sent to the winner.
- LondonNet is not responsible for prize distribution.
- The Editor's decision is final.
- There is no cash alternative.