FOR FESTIVALS WITH A DIFFERENCE HEAD NEXT DOOR TO IRELAND
It's festival season and why not try something different and head to a fabulous festival in Ireland? There is a range of exciting events from theatre and visual arts to folk music, street performances, comedy events and art exhibitions. For those looking for an easily accessible summer escape with a difference, check out these seven fantastic festivals across the country from lively Dublin to the wild west coast, taking in the lush green countryside too. Each festival includes creative elements signifying the close cultural relationship between Britain and Ireland. Next Door Neighbours is a series of events taking place from June - October 2012.
The seven participating festivals are:
Cork Midsummer Festival 21 June - 1 July
Clonmel Junction Festival 6 - 15 July
Earagail Arts Festival 7 - 22 July
Galway Arts Festival 16 - 29 July
Kilkenny Arts Festival 10 - 19 August
Absolut Fringe 8 - 22 Sept
Dublin Theatre Festival 27 Sept -10 Oct
The Next Door Neighbours initiative is a series of festivals designed to encourage Brits to discover the beauty of Ireland and the exciting range of cultural events on offer. A perfect escape from the sporting activities in England this summer, an Irish festival can offer music, literature, arts and so much more all rolled into a relaxing holiday in the beautiful setting of Ireland. For more information on all of the festivals and Irish holidays visit www.discoverireland.com.
Closing Date: Thursday 16 August 2012, Noon
Prize: To celebrate our next door neighbours and to help get you in the mood for a season of festivals www.discoverireland.com is offering you the chance to win one of two iPod Shuffles.
This competition is now closed. The winners are as follow:
Clare Lewis, Berkshire, RG31
Ronald Smithwhite, Devon, TQ3
More Necessary Info:
- The winners must be aged 18 or over.
- Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- First correct answer out of the Editor's hat wins the prize.
- Winners' full names, cities of residence and first part of their postcodes will be published on this page when the competition ends.
- Details will be sent to the winner.
- LondonNet is not responsible for prize distribution.
- The Editor's decision is final.
- There is no cash alternative.
- By entering this competition you agree to let us pass on your details to Tourism Ireland.
- This competition is open to residents of Great Britain only; it is not open to residents of the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland.
- The competition is open to anyone excluding employees of Tourism Ireland, their affiliated companies, their immediate families or anyone professionally associated with this competition draw.
- The prize for the competition is 2 x 2GB green iPod Shuffle.
- Only one prize per person.
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
- By entering this competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions [and by any other requirements set out in the promotional material] which may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter.