Beat the Winter Blues with our Canary Islands competition
We have a pair of return flight tickets to the Canary Island of your choice, courtesy of Canary Islands Tourism.
The Islas Canarias, as the locals call them, offer a particularly handy winter option as the hours of sunshine are much longer than in The Med. This is thanks to their sub-tropical location - some 10 degrees of latitude nearer the Equator than even the most southerly resorts in mainland Spain. Combine this with the warm waters sent along by the Gulf-stream and temperatures rarely drop below the high teens 17-18°C (64-65F).
There are five main islands to choose from: Tenerife (the most populous), Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and La Palma. Each has mile upon mile of glorious beaches and thanks to their volcanic origins, unique mountainous interiors to explore.
Food and drink are certainly Spanish inspired but with a Canarias twist. Being islands, fish is always a good choice, but the locals also serve up local specialities featuring chicken and rabbit. There are some surprisingly good local wines to sample too.
Here's a taster of what's in store for the winner:
Prize: A pair of return flight tickets to the Canary Island of your choice
This competition is now closed. The winner is as follow:
Jean Murphy, Dundee, DD3 0BG
More Necessary Info:
- Transport to the venue and accommodation are not included in the prize.
- The prize is purely entry to and drinks during the event.
- The winners must be aged 18 or over.
- Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- First correct answer out of the Editor's hat wins the prize.
- Details will be sent to the winner.
- LondonNet is not responsible for prize distribution.
- The Editor's decision is final.
- There is no cash alternative.