Out on DVD 30th January 2012
Relive the Swinging 60s and the birth of British fashion in We'll Take Manhattan, out on DVD on 30 January 2012, from Universal Playback. Take home the compelling true story which defined style for a generation in this one-off drama starring Karen Gillan (Doctor Who).
Shown on BBC Four on Thursday 26 January 2012, We'll Take Manhattan focuses on an unpredictable and electric photoshoot for British Vogue in 1962 New York. It reveals how visionary photographer David Bailey (Aneurin Barnard - Ironclad) refused to conform and insisted on using an unconventional and unknown model for the June cover, Jean Shrimpton (Gillan). Over the course of a freezing week in Manhattan, David Bailey realised he had found his muse - someone both he and his camera had fallen in love with. Having thrown out the rule book he made startling and original photographs, which changed the face of fashion and catapulted Shrimpton into celebrity status as one of the world's first ever supermodels.
We'll Take Manhattan brings to life the whirlwind romance between Bailey and Shrimpton and the explosive love affair which inadvertently set the look of the Sixties along the way.
Written and directed by John McKay (Robin Hood - TV Series) and also starring a scene-stealing Helen McCrory (Hugo, Harry Potter) as Vogue fashion editor Lady Clare Randlesham, We'll Take Manhattan explores the electric tale of two young people falling in love; who took a chance and accidentally changed the fashion world forever.
Buy We'll Take Manhattan on DVD from play.com (Free delivery) >>
Prize: Win one of three copies of We'll Take Manhattan on DVD.
Enter this competition here:
Sylvia Davies, Norfolk, PE37
Maree Agar, Dorset, BH12
Mick Whitehead, Fleetwood, FY7
More Necessary Info:
- The winners must be aged 18 or over.
- Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- First correct answer out of the Editor's hat wins the prize.
- Winners' full names, cities of residence and first part of their postcodes will be published on this page when the competition ends.
- Details will be sent to the winner.
- LondonNet is not responsible for prize distribution.
- The Editor's decision is final.
- There is no cash alternative.