Out on DVD 11 October 2010.
Award-winning filmmaker Shane Meadows (This Is England, Dead Man's Shoes, Somers Town) makes his highly anticipated TV debut This is England '86. It will be available to own on DVD from 11 October 2010 courtesy of 4DVD, and will be packed with fantastic extras including exclusive behind-the-scenes footage, cast interviews, outtakes, deleted scenes and an audio commentary from Shane Meadows. Don't miss out on owning another landmark in UK television history.
The four-part sequel to Meadows' BAFTA-winning film This Is England has been written by Shane Meadows and Jack Thorne (The Scouting Book for Boys, Skins), and will see all the original cast returning to reprise their roles.
Having spent a number of years developing the characters for This Is England, Meadows felt that he wanted to revisit them and see what has happened three years on. This Is England '86 picks up with the lives of Shaun, Woody and Lol in 1986 - the year Chris de Burgh is at number one, Top Gun is filling cinemas, the World Cup is raging in Mexico and over 3.4 million Brits are unemployed.
As Shaun (Thomas Turgoose) sits his last school exam, the realisation dawns that adulthood beckons. It's mid-80s England and he's going to have to find his own way in the world. Life has dealt a surprise hand to his friends too and no one is quite where they thought they would be... Woody (Joe Gilgun), Lol (Vicky McClure), Smell (Rosamund Hanson), Gadget (Andrew Ellis)... they are back and looking for love, a laugh, a job and something that resembles a future.
Shane Meadows said: "When I finished This Is England I had a wealth of material and unused ideas that I felt very keen to take... Not only did I want to take the story of the gang broader and deeper, I also saw in the experiences of the young in 1986 many resonances to now - recession, lack of jobs, sense of the world at a turning point. Whereas the film told part of the story, the TV serial will tell the rest."
Prize: Win one of three copies of This Is England '86 on DVD.
This competition is now closed. The winners are as follow:
Joan Butcher, West Midlands, B36
Margaret Lycett, Walsall, WS8
Nicki Williams, Bristol, BS4
More Necessary Info:
- The winners must be aged 18 or over.
- Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- First correct answer out of the Editor's hat wins the prize.
- Winners' full names, cities of residence and first part of their postcodes will be published on this page when the competition ends.
- Details will be sent to the winner.
- LondonNet is not responsible for prize distribution.
- The Editor's decision is final.
- There is no cash alternative.