BAFTA Award winning writer Tony Grisoni presents a new four part drama SOUTHCLIFFE
Available to own on DVD from 26th August 2013
Directed by Sean Durkin (Martha Marcy May Marlene - winner of Sundance Film Festival Directing Award) in his British television drama debut and written by BAFTA TV award-winning writer Tony Grisoni (Red Riding, The Unloved), Southcliffe tells the story of a fictional English market town, devastated by a spate of shootings which take place over a single day. It explores themes of tragedy, grief, responsibility and redemption seen through the eyes of a journalist returning to the small town of his childhood, and those closest to the victims of the tragedy. Violence and sudden bereavement confront the Southcliffe residents with emotions they are unequipped to understand or deal with.
This disturbing four part drama is an anthem to ordinary people's ability to reinvent themselves and survive in the face of ultimate darkness. Tony Grisoni's unique ability to convey the extremes and subtleties of human behaviour is in full evidence in these four brilliantly written scripts. Southcliffe is a fictional market town inhabited by fictional characters, but with similarities which will resonate with many actual people and places in Britain today.
Southcliffe brings with it a stella cast including; Rory Kinnear (Black Mirror), Sean Harris (Prometheus), Shirley Henderson (Anna Karenina), Eddie Marsan (Tyrannosaur), Anatol Yusef (Boardwalk Empire), Nichola Burley (Wuthering Heights), Joe Dempsie (Game of Thrones) and Kaya Scodelario (Wuthering Heights). This stunning drama is produced by Derrin Schlesinger and the executive producers are Peter Carlton for Warp Films and Sophie Gardiner.
Closing Date: Thursday 3 October 2013, Noon
Prize: Win one of three copies of Southcliffe on DVD.
This competition is now closed. The winners are as follow:
Sylvia Riches, Stratford upon Avon, CV37
Barbara Bennett, York, YO19
Helen Brown, Guernsey, GY2
More Necessary Info:
- The winners must be aged 18 or over.
- Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- First correct answer out of the Editor's hat wins the prize.
- Winners' full names, cities of residence and first part of their postcodes will be published on this page when the competition ends.
- Details will be sent to the winner.
- LondonNet is not responsible for prize distribution.
- The Editor's decision is final.
- There is no cash alternative.