Ensuring students are under no illusions when it comes to gas safety!
It's that time of year again where thousands of students across the country are moving into their new houses for the start of the new university year. However, not all digs are up to scratch and many students are more concerned about where their next pint is coming from rather than how safe their new pad is.
National Grid wants to make sure students are not under any illusions when it comes to gas safety. With over 50% of students in rented accommodation saying their boiler does not have the gas safety certificate their landlord should by law provide and nearly 90% saying they wouldn't know who to call if they suspected a gas or CO leak the potential dangers are obvious.
So they've teamed up with leading illusionist Damien O'Brien from Penn & Teller's Fool Us to go back to uni for a day. You can see how he got on by joining the National Grid Student Union page on Facebook and watch some the magic tricks that duped the legendary duo and got him to Vegas.
Prize: National Grid is offering you the chance to win £100 of Amazon vouchers along with a home safety kit, containing an audible CO alarm, a smoke alarm, a fire blanket and a first aid kit, to help you to stay safe in your new pad this term.
This competition is now closed. The winner is:
Lynsey Buchanan, Glasgow, G73
More Necessary Info:
- The winners must be aged 18 or over.
- Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- First correct answer out of the Editor's hat wins the prize.
- Winners' full names, cities of residence and first part of their postcodes will be published on this page when the competition ends.
- Details will be sent to the winner.
- LondonNet is not responsible for prize distribution.
- The Editor's decision is final.
- There is no cash alternative.