Just when you think you've got a handle on singer songwriters, along comes Martyn Joseph to blow the lid off.....
One of acoustic music's most arresting artists, Martyn's particular strength is the lyrical narrative of his songs alongside complex guitar playing, traits much in evidence on his new CD released on October 18th.
Under Lemonade Skies marks Martyn's 30th year in the business. It is the album he has always wanted to make and is a defining moment in his career.
It takes his trademark 'one take' up-close sound and adds startling textures, stunning instrumentation and expressive vocals to create an album that truly connects with his audience. Joseph says that the job of a good song is to make the listener feel like they are not alone in the world. This record does just that, it affirms the human spirit. From the friendship of Brothers In Exile to the fragile beauty of Seahorse, from the political bent of Lonely Like America and the positive vibe of You're The Moment, it takes you on a cinematic journey. Full track listing is as follows:
Always Will Be; So Many Lies; You're The Moment; Seahorse; There's Always Maybe; Lonely Like America; One Step Up; No peace; On My Way; Brothers In Exile.
The last three decades have seen this gifted and gracious Welshman have five Top 50 UK hits (including Dolphins Make Me Cry and Please Sir) and been in much demand on both sides of the Atlantic. Touring both solo and with the likes of Ani DiFranco, Art Garfunkel and Jools Holland, Martyn has won fans everywhere with his impressive archive of material and his charismatic and compelling live performances.
Prize: Win one of three copies of Martyn Joseph CD.
This competition is now closed. The winners are as follow:
Sarah Pacey, East Sussex, TN40
John Seaman, Coventry, CV3
Joanne Atkins, Leicestershire, LE67
More Necessary Info:
- The winners must be aged 18 or over.
- Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- First correct answer out of the Editor's hat wins the prize.
- Winners' full names, cities of residence and first part of their postcodes will be published on this page when the competition ends.
- Details will be sent to the winner.
- LondonNet is not responsible for prize distribution.
- The Editor's decision is final.
- There is no cash alternative.