Three lucky readers have the chance win a pair of tickets to see the fantastic John Illsley and his band at the O2 Academy Islington, London on Wednesday 30th June.
John Illsley is well known as the founder member and bass player of Dire Straits and he takes to the road this Spring to play a series of selected dates across the UK and Europe. The shows comprise his first solo tour proper in over 15 years and come in support of his new album Streets Of Heaven which has just been released.
John was often described as 'the engine room of Dire Straits' and his contribution to the sound and feel of that band was significant. On his solo outing he takes over lead guitar and vocals and, having contributed backing vocals to his multi-million selling former group, he's no slouch at all in that department. He's also an exceptionally mean guitarist in his own right.
Illsley's new CD, Streets Of Heaven, is a collection of beautifully crafted songs featuring 11 tracks ranging from evocative ballads to driving country rock. It's a very personal, melodic album that deals with family, friends and personal events.
John will be playing tracks from Streets Of Heaven as well as some of the old Straits' favourites on his solo tour. The tour kicks off on 19th June and tickets are available now from the box office on 0844 477 2000 or online here .
Prize: Win one of three pairs of tickets to see John Illsley and his stellar five piece band in London on June 30th at the O2 Academy Islington.
John Illsley (Dire Straits) has been forced to postpone his forthcoming Streets Of Heaven UK tour due to continuing problems with his right hand which have left him unable to play for sustained periods of time.
After a large amount of activity in the Spring, John developed Carpal Tunnel syndrome, an extremely debilitating condition for a guitarist. Following a series of injections to get him through his May dates, he had an operation to relieve the condition at the end of May.
Although the operation was a success, his hand is still too swollen and bruised to play for any length of time. So, reluctantly and under medical advice, it has been decided to postpone the tour now giving enough notice for fans to cancel any arrangements they may have made.
John apologises to anyone who has been disappointed or inconvenienced and will reschedule the dates as soon as he is able.
More Necessary Info:
- The winners must be aged 18 or over.
- Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- First correct answer out of the Editor's hat wins the prize.
- Winners' full names, cities of residence and first part of their postcodes will be published on this page when the competition ends.
- Details will be sent to the winner.
- LondonNet is not responsible for prize distribution.
- The Editor's decision is final.
- There is no cash alternative.