War heightens everything. It sharpens the sense and makes life more vivid. It was, and is, a complete way of living and its music mirrors all the hope, innocence, tragedy, romance and commitment of its people.
Those stories resonate perfectly with Heroes And Sweethearts, a unique package about the original heroes and sweethearts.
A stunning double CD deluxe box with bonus DVD, it completely encapsulates the mood and the memory of the time. It is nostalgia at its very best.
Out on USM Media on July 5th, Heroes And Sweethearts is released in association with the Royal Air Force Museum to commemorate the 70th Anniversary of the Battle Of Britain throughout the summer.
All the very best music that inspired and defined a generation is here. The box set features over 60 timeless songs offering over three hours of music. These are classic songs all by the original artists, from Glen Miller to Duke Ellington, from Anne Shelton to Vera Lynn.
The DVD Includes over 30 songs and tunes from the war years and features newsreel footage and rare original artist performances from a host of stars including Vera Lynn, Judy Garland, George Formby, Gracie Fields, The Andrews Sisters, Bing Crosby, Flanagan & Allen and Doolie Wilson singing As Time Goes By.
Prize: Win one of two deluxe boxsets of Heroes And Sweethearts.
This competition is now closed. The winners are as follow:
Lea williams, Sussex, RH11
Isobel Davidson, Somerset, TA21
More Necessary Info:
- The winners must be aged 18 or over.
- Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- First correct answer out of the Editor's hat wins the prize.
- Winners' full names, cities of residence and first part of their postcodes will be published on this page when the competition ends.
- Details will be sent to the winner.
- LondonNet is not responsible for prize distribution.
- The Editor's decision is final.
- There is no cash alternative.