WIN! Tickets to The World Class UK final with Diageo Reserve.
Britain is one of the world's leading cocktail destinations and, on 29th June 2010, 13 of the country's top barmen will be battling it out to earn the coveted title of the UK's best bartender in the final of Diageo Reserve's World Class competition.
The competition will be judged by a panel of esteemed judges; including Masterchef's Greg Wallace and John Torode, TV mixologist Andy Pearson and Barrie Wilson, Reserve's Head of Brand Ambassadors.
Diageo Reserve (including brands such as Tanqueray® No.Ten™, Ketel One® and Ciroc® vodka) launched its 'World Class' bartender programme to recognise the incredible skill sets of bartenders across Britain.
UK final judge Gregg Wallace says "Using quality ingredients and combining complementing flavours is the key to a great dish and it's the same when it comes to drinks. Mixologists have incredible skills when it comes to flavour profiling and the bartenders who are taking part in World Class will be showcasing drinks that are undoubtedly masterpieces in their own right."
John Torode adds "'Fortunately bartenders need to have many of the same high level skills as leading chefs - palete, understanding customer needs, colour and texture, but many have not been recognised in the past. For me, championing talent in our industry is key and World Class is the perfect opportunity to highlight the bartending world. Both Gregg and I are looking forward to tasting some phenomenal drinks along the way and being impressed!'
To find out more about the World Class finalists and the competition log onto www.weareworldclass.com
Prize: Diageo is offering 2 lucky winners the chance to attend the competition at The River Room, London. Not only will you get the chance to meet the Masterchef judges, but throughout the evening you'll be able to sample some of the best cocktails in the business made using the finest quality spirits - mixed by the very best bartenders in the country. You'll also be sent a spirits pack after the event to recreate your own cocktails at home.
This competition is now closed. The winners are as follow:
Natalie Henderson, Kent, DA11
Sofia Skalistiri, London, NW3
More Necessary Info:
- The winners must be aged 18 or over.
- Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- First correct answer out of the Editor's hat wins the prize.
- Winners' full names, cities of residence and first part of their postcodes will be published on this page when the competition ends.
- Details will be sent to the winner.
- LondonNet is not responsible for prize distribution.
- The Editor's decision is final.
- There is no cash alternative.