With John's social life at a standstill and his ex-wife about to get remarried, a down on his luck divorcee finally meets the woman of his dreams, only to discover she has another man in her life : her son. Written and directed by Jay and Mark Duplass, the iconoclastic filmmaking team behind Sundance Film Festival favorite The Puffy Chair, Cyrus takes an insightful, funny and sometimes heartbreaking look at love and family in contemporary Los Angeles. Still single seven years after the breakup of his marriage, John (John C. Reilly) has all but given up on romance. But at the urging of his ex-wife and best friend Jamie (Catherine Keener), John grudgingly agrees to join her and her fiance Tim (Matt Walsh) at a party. To his and everyone else's surprise, he actually manages to meet someone: the gorgeous and spirited Molly (Marisa Tomei).
Their chemistry is immediate. The relationship takes off quickly but Molly is oddly reluctant to take the relationship beyond John's house. Perplexed, he follows her home & discovers the other man in Molly's life: her son, Cyrus (Jonah Hill). A 21-year-old new age musician, Cyrus is his mom's best friend & shares an unconventional relationship with her. Cyrus will go to any lengths to protect Molly & is definitely not ready to share her with anyone, especially John. Before long, the two are locked in a battle of wits for the woman they both love - & it appears only one man can be left standing when it's over.
Using the innovative improvisational techniques that have earned them critical accolades & a devoted following Jay Duplass & Mark Duplass enter the mainstream with a touching, original story that blends humor & heartbreak, much like life itself.
CYRUS is out now in cinemas nationwide.
Prize: Win one of three posters of the movie Cyrus signed by director Jay Duplass.
This competition is now closed. The winners are as follow:
Adrian Shrimpton, Hants, PO6
Chris Edmonds, Weston, BS22
Stewart Miller, Durham, DL3
More Necessary Info:
- The winners must be aged 18 or over.
- Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- First correct answer out of the Editor's hat wins the prize.
- Winners' full names, cities of residence and first part of their postcodes will be published on this page when the competition ends.
- Details will be sent to the winner.
- LondonNet is not responsible for prize distribution.
- The Editor's decision is final.
- There is no cash alternative.